Sunday 13 July 2014

Cwilt Cmyru Connections Opens at Minerva

 I was stitching this little 8 inch sample  made from scraps  while I was sitting in waiting rooms ( my Mother -in- Law has been in hospital ) and it drew a lot of attention from passers by. One conversation with a nurse was how her grandmother had made 2 hexagon quilts - 1 each for herself and her brother and how she mended hers  recently, proud to have matched the small stitching. It made me remember that outside the quilters guild circle I belong to there are so many people who have connections to quilts.
 So it's appropriate I was making it to mount on a small canvas for display when I'm demonstrating techniques at 'Meet the Artists' day next Sunday 20th July associated with the Cwilt Cmyru 'Connections' Exhibition at Minerva Art Centre, Llanidloes. I like the back almost as much.
Today was the preview which unfortunately  I couldn't get to but we're very much looking forward to spending a few days in the town ( including investigating the micro brewery...)

No comments: