Friday 2 August 2013

Book Bag and ipad mini cover

I usually make a card or quilted item each year for the College based sandwich student when they leave. This year Helen received 2 items using images based on her project work on endangered Madagascan orchid Angraecum protensum .
A few weeks ago during 'adult learners' week I did a talk at work  on printing on fabric using computer and as giveaways  ironed some images backed with bondaweb onto some cotton bags which proved very popular. So I used one of Helens own  SEM ( Scanning Electron Microscope) photos of orchid seeds, adding colour in Photoshop.

Building on my experience making  bookwraps, I also made a  slip cover for her ipad mini, using photos I'd taken of her plants in the lab as well as more colourised  SEM images.
I'd modelled it using my Google Nexus 7 , adding a bit extra in width and  it fits perfectly. I'm going to make one for myself now  with a pocket  for the keyboard and holder for my 'alupen' stylus.
Finally getting to grips with the Nexus - most of this post was written with it - the keyboard is a great help and I managed not to delete anything this time.
I'm hoping to do some blog posts on it when I'm down in Devon next week for my painting course at Slapton

2 comments:

Jill said...

What a lovely gift.

Gill said...

A wonderful present!