Tuesday 4 June 2013

Indigo Mudflats

 With so  much going on at work, a bank holiday weekend in the cellar sorting through boxes and boxes of junk and some serious hacking in the garden, I had to give up on the idea of completing a SAQA auction donation this year. I'd pieced it from the scraps left over from my FoQ entry ( at least I got the forms filled out a week before the deadline). I did manage to squeeze some time in on Sunday to start machine quilting.
With some serious concentration of stitching required, blogging may be sporadic - I'll sort  out some photos from  our Weymouth break in April to share, starting with these mudflats which influenced  my current project.



5 comments:

Debbie said...

I love the colours in your indigo piece, they remind me of our estuary at low tide, I live on the estuary of the river Severn.

Margaret Cooter said...

Who knew mud flats could be inspiring!! Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Jill said...

Beautifully captured colours.

Marian Hall said...

I look forward to seeing at the FOQ. I'm at a similiar stage with my entry and will post about it later in the week.

Regina B Dunn said...

The reflections are magical and your fabrics really capture them.