Monday 1 October 2012

October Calendar Girl

 
When I entered 2 small quilts for the Textile News : Freiheit -Liberte-Freedom  small format competition 2 years  ago, I hardly expected my work to be chosen , never mind having one selected for the prestigous Bernina Calendar! A detail of ' Sometimes Chains are Just Shadows' (above) features for October. The exhibition has toured  all over Europe and  Gudrun Heinz who has tirelessly organised all this has blogged about  the interesting places it has got to . She's also given me a wonderful write-up on her website and the Bernina Blog. Thank you so much Gudrun!! I'm thinking hard about the next  challenge  - Boredom (not something I've ever really suffered from) 


Thanks are also due to Lizzie Drake and Uta Lenk who have written so kindly about 'Weymouth Waves' selected for SAQA Wide Horizons in St Marie aux Mines. Not having been able to get to France myself, it was lovely to hear about the show.

1 comment:

Marian Hall said...

Congratulations on getting your work on the Bernina Calendar - I'm not surprised it was selected - it was amazing. I really enjoyed seeing your other pieces too and it reinforces my desire to go back to my landscape theme.