Friday 27 April 2012

Rejected!


Hardly the best birthday present - I've just heard my entry for CQ@10  'Indigo Mine' has been rejected. While stressing that mainly dictated by the wall space available  and not a reflection of the quality of the work,  I was not comfortable having to  work from someone elses image and that is probably reflected in  this piece. 

Maybe I was too honest in my artists statement about the struggle I had, maybe the sample (above) wasn't up to scratch. Maybe it was too blue!
I hope for better success with my other indigo pieces.

UPDATE - there were only 23 selected from 61 entries so I don't feel so bad now to be part of the majority not accepted. I  had just enough notice to fill in an entry form for Small Wall Hanging Category at Sandown  quilt show in June so at least it will be seen somewhere!

3 comments:

Sandra Wyman said...

Sympathies - me too though I'm hardly in the same league as you: I felt the same about the image and went off at a tangent, with ideas unresolved so although I felt disappointed I wasn't really all that surprised.

I've heard that your quilt is wonderful (from NWCQ people at the retreat) - hope you have other places for it to go as I was looking forward to seeing it.

Felicity said...

oh i'm sorry :( it really stings having your work rejected whatver the reason.

have a lovely birthday, despite the sting

Unknown said...

Hi Margaret
I had my piece rejected as well, and I feel just like you.
i cant believe yours has been rejected! Mine wasnt good so I'm not surprised.
Gillian