Friday 11 March 2011

Boat Friday

Inspired by my own  blogpost last week, on Friday I  left work early armed with sketching gear and walked very slowly home along the river, stopping every few metres to draw or take a photograph. I enjoyed it so much  I was determined to do more work on them over the weekend but gardening  intervened!!
At work I'm overwhelmed with urgent deadlines as we near the end of financial year and it's Friday again with nothing much creative done this week.
Boats are still on my mind having taken photographs of old watercolours from Pinmill, Mistley and Porlock Weir and especially as I'm going to Contemporary Quilt AGM  tomorrow with talk by Jo Budd - love her work and own a tiny piece. I'm also lucky enough to have a place on her workshop at CQ Summer school later in the year.


I have been working on some of the photos I took last Friday in Photoshop (exploring 'cutout' filter). Perhaps I'll leave work early and doing some playing in watercolour....

No comments: