Wednesday 25 August 2010

Putting Paints Through Their Paces

We filled the gap in our paint boxes with the ones we'd made (unfortunately the gamboge made rather too much of itself, oozing around) then headed off to Gordale Scar and Janet's Foss. I did loads of quick paintings ( shocking some in the group during the evening crit by admitting I didn't draw it out beforehand).My best was my first, still not great but hugely enjoyable process. Before heading off to Malham cove and its incredible field systems we had afternoon tea at Beck Mill ( only polite as we'd been given permission to park the van there)


2 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

had a great day out a Janets Foss and other walks nearby last May....not many people about. I'm always delighted with these unspoilt locations. We stoked up on a breakfast at Betty's in Ilkley...love their tea and always buy a couple of boxes to bring back.

magsramsay said...

Janet's Foss was pretty busy when we went - even a couple of canoes going over it ( illegal but never mind!).Midges were also out in force - I retreated back to Gordale Scar